Shoe Tips: The Perfect Care
We simply love shoes. To ensure that your darlings stay with you as long as possible we've put together a little editorial with our favourite shoe care tips and tricks.
Nappa leather: smooth or grained
To maintain the elegance of real leather nourish it with a delicate care cream. Simply apply the cream with a soft cloth.
Suede leater: Leather with character
You can easily recognise suede by its velvety surface. A suede spray maintains colour, waterproofs and protects against moisture and dirt.
Patent leather: A brilliant choice
Special patent leather care products and sprays preserve the typical shine and counteract creases.
Fabric: A light companion
Regularly waterproofing your shoes with a spray ensures that your fabric shoes are protected from dirt and moisture.
You can find our symbols in each shoe. They indicate what materials and components our shoes are made of.
Main components are upper, lining, insole and outer sole.
Materials used for the main components are leather, coated leather, natural and man-made fabrics and other material such as wood or cork.
General Care Tips
- Clean and care for your shoes regularly. This will ensure that the characteristics of the material are thoroughly maintained.
- Water proof your shoes before the first time you wear them. This protects them against moisture and dirt.
- Do not dry your leather shoes in front of a heat source. Otherwise the leather will become brittle and break.
- If you're wearing your favourite pair every day – give them a little break. Ideally shoes need a little break so that the fabric or leather can recover.
- Do not waterproof patent leather shoes – otherwise they'll loose their shine.
- Use a shoe horn when putting on your shoes.
- Carefully clean your shoes from all dust and dirt that might collect over time.
- For suede leather use a special brush.
- Apply shoe cream with a cloth or small sponge.
- Always spray evenly from the same distance.
- Polish smooth leather types with a soft cloth after applying care products.
- A shoe tree keeps the shoe in shape.