Jeans styled for anytime: get more from your denim
From being heavy-duty workwear in the distant past to being indispensable fashion icon today, jeans have come a very long way. And these days no stylish woman’s wardrobe is complete without at least a couple of pairs of these amazingly versatile trousers. Read our “jeans styled for anytime” guide for inspiration on our favourite ways to dress your jeans up or down for any occasion.
Jeans are the ultimate in go-anywhere fashion and with the variety of cuts, washes, colours and even patterns available, a few well-chosen pairs are the mainstay of any woman’s wardrobe. Whether you’re planning a special evening out or enjoying a well-deserved weekend’s relaxation, no item of clothing is going to worker harder for you than your favourite pair of denims.
Jeans for every body type
One of the things that we love most about denims is that there are jeans for every body type and that everyone can look great in them. And with so many options for cut and colour, it’s easy to find the best women’s jeans that will accentuate your positives to show off your shape to its best advantage.
Here is our guide to which shapes will work best for you and some of our very favourite styling options to show how your jeans will take you from a relaxed weekend, to the office and out for a glamorous night on the town.
Jeans styled for anytime: get the skinny
Skinny jeans: A perennial favourite, skinny jeans never go out of style. If you are petite, have an hour-glass figure or slim legs, these are a great choice for you. Go for a touch of stretch for the perfect fit and don’t be tempted to go for a smaller size. Skinnies should be figure-skimming – not tight – for the smoothest, sleekest look.
- Great multi-taskers, dark-coloured skinny jeans make stylish office wear. Pair them with a feminine bow blouse, a longer-line tailored blazer and elegant black pumps for a polished and professional image.
- For a classic woman-about-town daytime look, team your favourite skinnies with ankle boots, a gorgeous over-sized knit and a statement leather tote. Retro cat-eye sunglasses are optional – but definitely preferred.
- On a sophisticated evening out, a pair of skinny jeans dressed up with a show-stopping top and some serious bling will take you from evening cocktails to a glamorous night on the town without missing a beat. Opt for flattering dark blue or chic black skinnies and team them with a light or brightly coloured top in a loose, flowing style for a balanced silhouette. Our favourites include gorgeous kimono styles in velvet and fluttery chiffon pieces. Just add a pair of strappy sandals and a spangly clutch bag for instant wow.
Give it to us straight
If you’d rather not wear skinnies, the straight-leg versions are an excellent alternative: every bit as versatile and some of the best women’s jeans you can get. With a slightly more generous – but still slim – cut, they are super-flattering, often more comfortable and work well on all body shapes. They skim the waist and thigh and are cut straight to the ankle to create a longer, leaner silhouette. Add a pair of fabulous heels to emphasise this elongating effect.
- Straight-legs jeans can be styled for anytime and are all-year-round essentials. In the warmer months, team them with a light blouse or classic t-shirt and sandals for a sunny, easy-breezy look. Or when things start to get cold, brighten up a dull winter’s day by wearing them with vibrant knits, a thick jacket and chunky boots to keep the winter chills away.
Jeans styled for anytime: you go, boyfriend!
For a more relaxed and comfortable vibe that oozes style, boyfriend jeans are your go-to choice. Originally one for the lads, these jeans have now been well and truly claimed by fashion-conscious women everywhere. The days of “borrowing” your other half’s baggy jeans are gone, the boyfriend cut has been updated for women and is now all ours with a more flattering, feminine silhouette.
Boyfriend jeans fit neatly at the waist and hip, are more relaxed through the leg and are usually cuffed to just above ankle length. A great plus is that they suit most body shapes, but are a particularly good choice for curvaceous ladies as they gently skim your curves and can be nipped in at the waist. The are also surprisingly versatile jeans that can be styled for anytime.
- The classic boyfriend look combines your favourite pair of jeans with easy-going separates for a more informal get together, or a relaxed weekend away.
- While no other jeans quite match the boyfriend for comfort, they are still amazingly versatile. Transform your look into boho chic by adding a billowy top, a fringed bag and vintage jewellery to your favourite slouchy jeans.
- Or for an edgier but ultra-feminine look, combine boyfriend with an off the shoulder, bell-sleeved blouse, some statement jewellery and stilettos.
With such an array of jeans available in varying cuts, colours and designs, there are options to suit every figure. And with so many different ways to wear them, you are guaranteed to find a pair that makes you look and feel fabulous. Whatever the occasion and no matter whether you are dressing your denims up, down, or are simply after a little fresh inspiration, look your best with our guide to jeans styled for anytime.
If you need a little help in choosing your next perfect pair of jeans, browse Artigiano’s current selection.
You may also like:
- Your basic capsule wardrobe: the ideal solution for the busy working woman
- The Perfect Ladies Trousers for Spring