Now that 2019 is underway, we can imagine you’re raring to plan this year’s holidays. So, whether it’s a quick weekend break or a lengthy romantic getaway, check out Artigiano’s top picks for international holiday destinations.
1. Where is the Gold Coast, Australia?
Why should Melbourne and Sydney get all the attention? The Gold Coast is one of Australia’s greatest hidden gem (or in this case, element) located south of Brisbane. It is home to pristine white sand beaches that stretch across 35 miles of coastline. And now with there being a non-stop 17-hour flight from London, you have no excuse not to go.
Top 5 Things to do in The Gold Coast
- Rainbow Bay – A scenic bay, beach and locality at the southern end of Coolangatta
- Pacific Fair – Queensland’s largest shopping and dining destination
- Warner Bros. Movie World – A family-friendly theme park based on the works of the Warner Bros. film studio
- Gold Coast Hinterland – Picturesque tourist attractions that include resorts, rainforest, lookouts and national parks
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary – Get up close with some of Australia’s most famous critters, from kangaroos to koalas
2. Where is Madeira, Portugal?
A destination famed for its wine and beautiful all year-round summer climate, Madeira is an archipelago comprising of four islands situated off the northwest coast of Africa. This autonomous region of Portugal is one of the safest holiday destinations in the world and is home to luscious botanical gardens teeming with exotic flowers, mesmerising seascapes of the Atlantic Ocean and towering cliffs that hide charming rustic villages.
Top 5 Things to do in Madeira
- Madeira Botanical Garden – A wonderful garden inhabited by fantastic flora species as well as the Louro Bird Park and the Natural History Museum
- Cabo Girão – The highest cliff skywalk in Europe that offers sweeping views of the surrounding city & sea
- Funchal – Maderia’s capital is filled with amazing architecture, colourful markets and restaurants that serve some of the best cuisine in the world
- Porto Moniz – An endearing village that features serene natural swimming pools formed by volcanic lava
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruise – See these majestic animals in their natural habitat
3. Where is Positano, Italy?
Positano is a stunning village nestled into a cliffside on the Amalfi Coast, in southern Italy. This popular destination is famed for its steep, narrow streets decorated with pastel-coloured restaurants, cafes and boutiques surrounded by rugged shoreline that is punctuated by unforgettable sun-bleached pebble beaches. ‘Romantic’ doesn’t do it justice. This is a locale that is guaranteed to have you swooning.
Top 5 Things to do in Positano
- Church of Santa Maria Assunta – Known for its colourful majolica-tiled dome and a 13th-century Byzantine icon of the Black Madonna and Child
- Sentiero degli Dei (Path of the Gods) – A world famous hiking trail carved into the cliffs that links Positano to other coastal towns
- Bagni d’Arienzo – A lovely and secluded beach with clear and beautiful waters
- Grotta di Smeraldo (The Emerald Grotto) – An otherworldly cave that is named after its luminous emerald green waters
- Donna Rosa – Head on over to the neighbouring village of Montepertuso to this amazing restaurant run by the famed Rosa family
4. Where is Paphos, Cyprus?
Located on the southwest coast of the island of Cyprus is the Mediterranean paradise known as Paphos. This is a city bursting with antiquity due to its spectacular collection of ancient remains that include tombs, fortresses, theatres from the days of the Romans and Greeks. It’s not all ruins, as you’ll find secluded bays for relaxing and working on your tan along with fragrant pine forests that stimulate the senses.
Top 5 Things to do in Paphos
- Aphrodite’s Rock – A legendary sea rock that in ancient times was believed to be the place where the Greek goddess of love emerged from
- Coral Bay – A beautiful white sand beach with crystal-clear waters dotted with caves
- Kato Paphos Archaeology Park – A wonderful area full of ancient ruins and structures from the bygone eras of the Greeks and Romans
- Aphrodite Water Park – A family-friendly tourist attraction that is the biggest of its kind in Cyprus
- Paphos Castle – A centuries’ old landmark castle that is still used by locals for various festivals and gatherings
5. Where is Busan, South Korea?
In South Korea’s second largest city you will find a never-ending supply of magnificent mountains, steaming hot springs, sparkling beaches, enthralling temples and out of this world seafood. It doesn’t stop there, as Busan is also home to a variety of unique bars, restaurants and charming artisanal cafes, along with antique shops filled to the brim with local arts and crafts. Busan really does have it all!
Top 5 Things to do in Busan
- Jagalchi – Visit South Korea’s largest fish market which sells every type of fish you can imagine
- Nampo-dong – Take a lovely stroll through Busan’s central shopping and café district
- Haeundae Beach – This is regularly considered to be one of Korea’s most attractive beaches
- Beomeo-sa (Temple of the Nirvana Fish) – Known as Busan’s greatest temple and is also set against a breath-taking mountain backdrop
- Gamcheon Culture Village – A vibrant and quirky community of multicoloured homes, vintage cafes and fascinating galleries
Fashion for Every Type of Holiday
Now you’ve decided where you’re going, it’s time to pick what you’ll be wearing. For warmer climates we’d recommend checking out our elegant selection of dresses and skirts. If you’re going to be on your feet for a majority of your holiday, why not make sure you pick something comfortable from our chic line of shoes.
For more holiday inspiration check out our list of the best European destinations for 2019.